IronCad Pumpjack Rendering

This is the IronCad rendering of the pumpjack I made for my midterm project. For the dimensions, I used the remake of the pumpjack which I submitted later because it’s slightly prettier and has a more pronounced ‘nodding’ motion like an actual pumpjack.

Here it is with the spacers removed (slightly easier to see the components)

and again with just the moving parts

I also realized you can save components into the ironcad library of shapes so I did that with a few that I made, that way I could add and remove them to various parts as I needed. These are they:

It was especially convenient to be able to add the spacers quickly and easily. The most challenging part of the drawing was getting the complex shapes out of a 2D cross-section. It did, however teach me a couple of skills including the uses of the various drawing tools and multi-part copying around a circle as I did for the gear. Finally, I grouped parts that move together into assemblies so that, with a little more time, I can make the model move. Unfortunately, the little bit I tried to do to constrain parts’ movement tended to move them to entirely wrong and inconvenient places and orientations so I decided to forego that for this particular assignment. Hopefully when I have more time I’ll be able to figure it out.