Water Jet Cutter HW

For my water jet cutter homework, I cut out a diamond outline containing bee shaped cutout.

I started with the provided diamond tilling shape, and then searched for an appropriate shape to place in the middle of the diamond. I found a nice bee shape on The Noun Project, and exported it as an SVG to be added into my diamond file.

From here, I began to edit the filed to make it suitable for direct upload into the water jet cutter UI. To do this, I first adjusted the side of the bee to a proportion that I saw as more suitable, and then placed it in the desired position in the middle of the diamond. From there, I used the shape builder tool, removed the shape fill and then replaced the desired edges with a thin (1pt) stroke. The result was as follows.

Now, the job was ready to be sent over to the water jet cutter. Once emailed to myself, I uploaded it into the UI, followed the instruction as specified in the quick-start booklet by the water jet computer. Before executing my cut, I did a dry run to ensure that the nozzle did not exceed the bounds of my material at any point through out the job. Once this was confirmed, I was able to cut out my shape. Both cuts turned out extremely well, and I was overall very happy with the result.

** insert picture here of final result which I somehow forgot to take when i finished. will replace with note with actual photo next time i am at the oedk **

Cost analysis: