Easter Bunny Made on Easter Sunday!

♦ Doing this homework was easier and less time-consuming than other homeworks. ♦

I wanted to 3D print something cute and easy yet complex enough to be an impossible object. I figured FDM method would give better prints in one step so I decided to make my 4 white bunnies with a while PLA filament. I put all of them in the print bed, with infill 15%, lowered the support touching points diameters to the smallest setting without compromising the feasibility of the printing and the layer height was set at 0.15mm. The print took only 45 minutes! After they were printed, I had to take the supports out with the (incredibly) sharp tools the lab assistants provided us. I would say this was probably the hardest part for me.

For my SLA printing, I printed on a tough 1500 gray resin. Put the same scale percentages as the FDM printing but for some reason it was scaled way smaller. So that is something I need to take into account when printing with SLA printers. Before curing and after washing two times, my two gray bunnies were still a little bit sticky. When I cured them, they were not be able to move with the degree of freedom as the FDM white bunnies. However, the layers were less apparent and the surface smoother.

Cost