HOWDY EVERYONE!!

Hello!

My name is Giorgia and I am a first year PhD student in the Bioengineering department. I did my undergrad studies in Miami but I am originally from Sondrio, Italy (about 1-2 hours from Milan). I also consider myself Colombian, as I moved to Cartagena when I was 12 years old (my mom is Colombian).

This is my very first time in Texas and so far so good!! I still need to go line dancing tho. My favorite things to do are spend time with my family and dogs, go to the beach/ocean, and run (I am supposed to be training for a half marathon in February… pray for me).

Here is a beautiful sunrise I captured right before my first 10K race (Fortunately I convinced my mom to run with me).

Boby’s (right) 15th birthday this past April with Egon (left) always by his side.

I enrolled in this course because during my senior year of undergraduate studies I really enjoyed prototyping with SolidWorks and 3D printing in the senior design course and realized I definitely need more hands-on skills to be a successful biomedical engineer in the future. Having said this, I am very excited to learn more techniques to sketch and prototype, along material science for printing and/or fabrication.

This is a beautiful hidden beach I went to in Puerto Rico two years ago.

That’s about it! Thanks.

Hope to meet everyone soon!