Hi! I’m Isabella! :)

Hi everyone! I’m Isabella Soto, and I am from Brownsville, TX. I am currently a junior studying Electrical and Computer Engineering, and I am planning to get my minor in Engineering Design. I am involved with the Society of Hispanic Professionals in Engineering (SHPE), Salseros, and ESL tutoring. This past summer I interned at HP, and one thing I am really proud of was not only my project I did while working there, but also a little miniature garage I designed, 3D printed and then painted for my Intern project fair (to call people’s attention). HP started with two best friends experimenting in a garage 1939, so I designed a mini replica of that garage for my Intern Fair (kind of like a science fair). Personally, I love hands on work, so I think this class is going to be super fun and I can’t wait to gain knowledge on prototyping and fabrication that I will never forget. I am specifically very curious to learn about molding/casting because I have no experience in that area. I think it would be so cool to create a mold of my hand to use to hold my jewelry or car keys in my room.