Tony’s ENGI 210 Blog

Above is a photo of Tony, a sophomore at Duncan College. I’m majoring in Mech and took Engineering Design as a minor. Ever since being in OEDK, I have made so much. I’ve completed two projects, the Dismount alart system and the 3D printer glue applicator, and I’ve also finished many personal projects, likeĀ 

sewing a dress,

building a set of night-glowing knives with resin

making a electric skateboard, and so on.

OEDK has always been a great place for me as a maker. It makes much of my ideas come true. I enjoy working here and met fellow makers here.

Before coming to Rice, I also had a mini workshop at my house.

This is where I started my maker journey. I’ve learned so much through actually making things and I also enjoy the process of it. Through these years, I’ve learned lots of skills through making and these skills serve to help me make more and make better, so I’m proud of everything I’ve made, they’re the proof of my growth and I wish to have more growth through ENGI 210.

One of the things that I’m working on and really hoping to make is a functional retractable blade from a video game “Dishonored” that I really like. I’ve cadded a printed several versions of it but still needs to be improved. To be better, I wish to build it with materals more than just 3D printing pla filement, but metal instead, and therefore I’m looking forward to the CNC and plasma cutting during ENGI 210.

Looking forward to working with everyone!

Tony