First ENGI 210 Blog

I am walsh. I am majoring in mechanical engineering and minoring in engineering design with a certificate of leadership from the RCEL program. I play club soccer and lacrosse. I was an advisor this year and am planning on doing it again next year. I have been apart of three different doerr programs this past year at Rice. I am an impact staffer. I enjoy cooking, listening to music, and reading in my free time. I have two dogs. I am proud of the climbing mechanism for my high school robotics team that I personally helped design. It was the only robot that year that was able to complete a “triple climb”. Something I want to make in the future is my own non-digital watch, I think it would be very cool for me to be able to wake up and put on a watch I built myself in the morning before some fancy conference. Something this semester I want to make is a light fixture, It has some specifications that I think will make it an interesting project. I hope to learn more about finishing and wood polishing I think it would be cool to make essentially all of the furniture/shelves in my future home.