Golfers need a way to clean their teeth!

In this first assignment, I was supposed to come up with three different equipment that would help golfers that need a way to clean their teeth that has no plastics parts.

IMAG0052

For a long a time I tried to find a way to relate teeth cleaning with golf. My first idea was a metallic toothbrush with a special golf design(in the form of a golf stick). The innovative design is really attractive for any golf interested person, and the functionality is as good as the best toothbrushes available on the market nowadays.

20160127_224206

This toothbrush has no plastic parts. The handle is totally metallic, while the bristles are made by nylon.

However, to brush your teeth you also need toothpaste. So, a golf designed toothpaste would be the straightforward item to come up with. Since we cannot work on the design of the paste itself(because it is a fluid), I tried to work on the container. What about a container in the form of a hollow golf ball? That’s our second solution!

20160127_224150

This cover of the container is made with the same material of a normal golf ball, Urethane. In addition, we have a internal cover too, made from aluminum, which can be molded easily.

After these two ideas, I was struggling to find a third one. Specially because my knowledge about golf is really limited. Luckily, I have a friend who plays golf quite often. While talking to him about other items used by golf players (I just knew the stick and ball), he showed me the golf tee, which is a short peg used to hold the ball before the shot. Then I realized that I could use it as a toothpick. So, that is my third solution, a golf tee that include a retractable toothpick which can be used both for playing golf and cleaning the teeth!

20160127_224138

The nicest thing here is that our tee and toothpick are all made by wood! We will only need some metallic springs to make our equipment retractable.

Drawings:

Drawing 1 Drawing 2

First drawing shows two plane projections and the second shows a 3-D visualization with dimensions.