Laser Cut Boxes!

After a ton of time measuring in Illustrator, I was able to create these two boxes:

The first is a container for the cutouts from betrayal at House on the Hill. Since the pieces were originally just tossed into a pile in the game box, I added T-joints and lap joints to the snap-fit box to sort out all the different types. This worked well except for a slight resistance in the hinge that prevents the front from closing perfectly.

The dice box, on the other hand, didn’t go quite as well. The box is designed as another snap-fit box using T-joints and lap joints, but with different dimensions and a 2D hinge,  After the initial cuts, it was clear that I messed up some of the measurements; the hinge was slightly longer than it needed to be, the front side wasn’t tall enough to close the box, and the connecting fingers for the back and side walls were at different heights. However, after a second set of cuts, the box fits together and closes, except that the hinge is now ever-so-slightly too short.

In other news, I found some Scotch tape.