Jasmine’s first engi class post yay

Hi I’m Jasmine~ I’m a second-year master’s student in the Human Factors and Human-Computer Interaction program. Please don’t mistake me as some kind of computer genius. I’m actually a Psychology girl from the social science department haha.

I’m in the HFES society Rice chapter. Most of the activities I do are outside school like traveling and playing sports like equestrian, badminton, biking, etc.

As someone with no experience building anything, I was really proud of myself for building some Ikea products when I first moved here. During my summer internship, I created my first post-it notes board as a UX researcher, not big, but meaningful.  In the future, I hope to make some small art pieces, but I’m also excited about any possibilities!

UX post-it note board (a method to organize research insights).

Creating post-it notes board

The reason for taking this class is that I wish to challenge myself in exploring a new field that is introduced but not taught in human factors. My future career might require collaborations with engineers, so I want to gain more hands-on experience in prototyping. Also getting to know the language and have the experience working with actual engineers : )