Hello ENGI 210! Teddy’s First Post

A) Hi I am Teddy Hoisington, a sophomore ELEC at Lovett College. I am from West Harrison, New York. At Rice I mainly involved in the Recovery subteam of Rice Eclipse working on the devices used to bring the rocket down safely! At Lovett, I am one of the students who organizes our Fun Friday events.

Recovery Test Rocket in Flight

Recovery Device used to keep parachute in rocket until target altitude

B)  In high school I was the captain of the robotics team and I contributed countless hours and many long nights towards our competition robot. I’m especially proud of the robot we made during my senior year as captain because I felt that all my hard work and experience over the past years had culminated in the building and design of that final robot.

Senior Year Robot

C) I’ve been planning on designing and building my own aluminum small form factor computer case. The goal being to fit powerful components that would normally be put in a larger case, into the smallest possible package. This is a project I’ve been meaning to complete for a long time!

This is an example of a small form factor case that is 7.2 L in volume that can hold a full size graphics card.

D) The main thing I hope to learn about in ENGI 210 is the large breadth of prototyping options that exist and what scenarios they are best suited for.