Introducing Zach!

Hello! I’m Zachary Woodley, a junior at Rice University majoring in mechanical engineering with a minor in engineering design. I’m the treasurer for the NSBEĀ  (National Society of Black Engineers) chapter at Rice and the event coordinator for CSS (Caribbean Student Society). I’m also involved in Rice Wind Club on the mechanical team because I’m passionate about renewable energy specifically wind energy.

During my time at Rice, I’m proud to have worked on an offshore model wind turbine anchor/base for Rice Wind Club, which I saw compete at the Collegiate Wind Competition (CWC) against other colleges and universities across the US. In the future, I would like to create automated prostheses to help amputees that can be fitted and molded to their limbs and help them go about their daily responsibilities independently.

I hope to learn the proper technique, gain better proficiency in the advanced engineering machines in the OEDK beyond operation, and create and start multiple new projects with my knowledge.