What’s Up ENGI 210 – Brandon Bravo

Hello, I’m Brandon Bravo. I am a sophomore majoring in mechanical engineering from Sid Rich. I’m really into working out (almost always at the gym) and sports as I coach and play Sid Men’s IM football teams. I’m also a member of the Rice Catholic Student Association.

Over the past two semesters, I’ve worked with a group, Guitar Heroes, on building an electric guitar for a local guitar shop. We were able to address the shop’s needs and concerns by prototyping a short-scale, headless guitar with a swappable electronics module. Another project I’m proud of was designing a football helmet with aspects that address rotational forces to address concussion concerns in for my high school football team.

A dream project would be to create my own fully-functional and street-legal car. I would also love to build an Iron Man suit as I’ve been watching an engineer youtuber (ALEX LAB) build one.

In terms of ENGI 210, I hope to simply further develop my knowledge and abilities with all machines/tools at the OEDK. Specifically, I would like to learn how to use the CNC machine as well as 3D print stuff.