Katie’s Reasons for Taking ENGI 210

I am a sophomore at Baker college. I am planning to major in psychology and minor in engineering and design and neuroscience. I know it is a strange combination, and no, I am not sure what career I want yet. I swim on the masters swim team on Rice Aquatics. I am on the Rice Anime Facebook group, even though I have not been to a meeting yet. I think I am also in Rice’s Pokemon club too… but I have yet to go to any of those meeting either. I’m not that social…

One thing that I have made that I am proud of is the project I worked on in ENGI 120. I was on Team Sifaka, and we made a hanging platform for the sifaka at the Houston Zoo. We still need to install it.

One thing that I want to make is something with moving parts. The platform was relatively simple in design with little complications. I would like to build something that performs some kind of action.

One thing that I hope to learn in ENGI 210 is how to 3D print. It seems really cool how the machine works, so I am excited that I will get to use it.