Scott ENGI 210 Introduction

My name is Scott Fessler and I am a sophomore Mechanical Engineer from Jones college. I am currently pursuing the. engineering design minor and maybe the RCEL certificate if the classes stop conflicting with my major requirements. I am in Rice’s  Design for America club and am planning on being a team lead this semester.

Something I have made that I am proud of is the outdoor classroom in Sweden. Through the iSEED program I was able to brainstorm design and build something tangible that I knew would be used by the surround community for years.  This project was especially reward because the scale was so much larger than anything I had done before.

Sweden Outdoor classroom

After finishing this semester and becoming more proficient with the resources the OEDK has got offer,  I want to be able to make interesting decorations for my room. In the future I think it would be cool to make a railgun.

I hope to learn how to use all the machines in there OEDK safely and confidently so whenever I have an idea for a prototype,  the building process does not slow down progress in the way it slowed down my ENGI 120 project.  Specicially I am interested in learning Adobe illustrator and how to use the plasma cutter properly.